Monday 24 August 2015

Innovations in Religion (Bidaat)

1) Then, in their wake, We followed them up with (others of) Our messengers: We sent after them Jesus the son of Mary, and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the Monasticism which they invented for themselves, We did not prescribe for them: (We commanded) only the seeking for the Good Pleasure of Allah, but that they did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed, on those among them who believed, their (due) reward, but many of them are rebellious transgressors. (Surah 57, Al-Hadid, verse 27).
2) On the Day of Resurrection, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) will give to the Muslims from the Hauze-Kauser. When a person amongst them would be turned away, Muhammad (Peace be upon him) would say, ‘He is one of my people’. The answer would be, ‘You do not know that he innovated new things (in Islam) after you. (Sahih Muslim Part I; Book of Salat; Chapter CLXII, page 220; 9th edition).
3) The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, ‘I shall be your harbinger on the Cistern (Hauze-Kauser); therefore, be cautious lest one of you should come (to me) and may be driven away like a stray camel. I would ask the reason, and it would be said to me: You do not know what innovations they made after you. And I would then also say: Be away.’ (Sahih Muslim Part IV; Book of Fazail; Chapter CMLX, page 1237; 9th edition).
4) Narrated Aisha: Allah's Apostle (Peace be upon him) said, "If somebody innovates something which is not in harmony with the principles of our religion, that thing is rejected." (Sahih Bukhari: Volume 3, Book 49, Number 861: Book of Witnesses) (Islambase Publications).
5) Narrated Ali: We did not write anything from the Prophet except the Quran and what is written in this paper, (wherein) the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "Medina is a sanctuary from (the mountain of) Air to so and-so, therefore, whoever innovates (in it) an heresy or commits a sin, or gives shelter to such an innovator, will incur the Curse of Allah. the angels and all the people; and none of his compulsory or optional good deeds of worship will be accepted And the asylum granted by any Muslim is to be secured by all the Muslims even if it is granted by one of the lowest social status among them. And whoever betrays a Muslim in this respect will incur the Curse of Allah, the angels and all the people, and his compulsory and optional good deeds of worship will not be accepted. And any freed slave who will take as masters (befriends) people other than his own real masters who freed him without taking the permission of the latter, will incur the Curse of Allah, the angels and all the people, and his compulsory and optional good deeds of worship will not be accepted." (Sahih Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 53, Number 404: Book of War spoils [Booty]) (Islambase Publications).
6) Narrated Anas: The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "Some of my companions will come to me at my Lake Fount, and after I recognize them, they will then be taken away from me, whereupon I will say, 'My companions!' Then it will be said, 'You do not know what they innovated (new things) in the religion after you." (Sahih Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 76, Number 584: Book of Softening the Heart [Al-Riqaq]) (Islambase Publications).
7) Narrated 'Abdullah: The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount (Kauthar) and some men amongst you will be brought to me, and when I will try to hand them some water, they will be pulled away from me by force whereupon I will say, 'O Lord, my companions!' Then the Almighty will say, 'You do not know what they did after you left, they introduced new things into the religion after you.'" (Sahih Bukhari: Volume 9, Book 88, Number 173: Book of End of the World [Al-Qayamat]) (Islambase Publications).
8) Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd: I heard the Prophet (Peace be upon him) saying, "I am your predecessor at the Lake-Fount (Kauthar), and whoever will come to it, will drink from it, and whoever will drink from it, will never become thirsty after that. There will come to me some people whom I know and they know me, and then a barrier will be set up between me and them." Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri added that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) further said: "I will say those people are from me. It will be said, 'You do not know what changes and new things they did after you.' Then I will say, 'Far removed (from mercy), far removed (from mercy), those who changed (the religion) after me! “(Sahih Bukhari: Volume 9, Book 88, Number 174: Book of End of the World [Al-Qayamat]) (Islambase Publications).






No comments:

Post a Comment